Irish Coffee Recipe
Irish Coffee is a very popular coffee cocktail. A lot of people orders it at bars, but find it tricky to make at home. With our clear and simple recipe below, anyone can make a good Irish Coffee at home!
- Start by brewing really good coffee.
- At the same time as you brew the coffee, boil water and pour into the glass to preheat it.
- Also prepare the cream in advance. It should be lightly whipped.
- Discard the water in the glass.
- Add whiskey. The amount of whiskey can be adjusted to taste. Somewhere around 40-60 ml is usually reasonable.
- Add sugar. Preferably a brown sugar such as raw cane sugar or demerara sugar.
- Add coffee (about 3/4 of a normal-sized glass) and stir.
- Pour the cream carefully so that it floats on top of the drink.
- Garnish with some whole coffee beans or by sprinkling brown sugar on the cream.