Martinez is a classic cocktail dating back to the late 19th century. It is a good and incredibly well-balanced cocktail that has similarities to both the Manhattan and the Dry Martini.
- 40 ml Gin
- 15 ml Sweet Vermouth (Red)
- 5 ml Maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice and stir with a bar spoon until the drink has cooled and has been slightly diluted. Usually about 10-20 seconds.
- Strain the drink into a cocktail glass and garnish with orange zest.