Negroni is a classic cocktail dating back to the early 1900s. It is a spirit-forward drink that with its spicy and slightly bitter taste, is perfect as an aperitif.
- 30 ml Gin
- 30 ml Campari
- 30 ml Sweet Vermouth (Red)
- Pour all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir the drink for about 30-45 seconds to chill and dilute it.
- Strain the drink into an ice-filled glass. An ice cube as large as possible is preferable.
- Garnish with an orange zest and squeeze it over the drink to get release the oils.
Simple and tasty just as it should!
Somewhat overrated according to me. I prefer to substitute the Campari with Aperol to play down the bitterness.
Couldn’t agree more Brad, love Aperol instead of Campari also..