Saffron Sour Recipe
Saffron Sour is a tasty and simple Christmas cocktail with saffron taste. In this recipe we have used bourbon, but you can choose the spirit you find the best. Gin, for example, marries perfectly with the other flavors in the drink.
- 50 ml Bourbon whiskey
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 30 ml Saffron syrup
- 20 ml Egg white
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Bourbon substitute
- Make saffron syrup. See the recipe here.
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker.
- Shake well without ice to make the egg white foam.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake the drink cold.
- Strain into a glass.
- Garnish with a dried orange and/or a few drops of bitters.